Aiden has had some set backs in his environment. We had to change day care facilities due to his babysitter moving out of town, and then again when Aiden moved to a "big kid" day care center. He seems to be adjusting well but still has crying fits occasionally when me or my husband drop him off. I think that Aiden wouldn't still be so emotionally when we leave if we hadn't changed facilities a few times. I feel this way because I think he feels that he cant get close to people because he might be worried that he'll have to go to a new day care center again. I don't plan on switch day care centers anytime soon and I try to explain that to Aiden but I don't think he understands.
Aiden is doing well with picking up his toys , brushing his teeth, etc. when asked. He does listen when we ask him to do things or tell him its bedtime. We have an occasional breakdown but he usually can overcome that and get back on track. Aiden and daddy are spending a lot more time together so I think that this is helping with Aiden and listening and respecting the rules of the house. We are having the same issues with Aiden not always playing well with others. Unfortunately he only seems to not get along with girls. He plays fine with other boys unless the other kid wants to play with Aiden's favorite toy. I have to remind him to share with others and that he'll get his toy back.
I do like "Social Learning Theory". I want to be a role model to Aiden and I want him to know that it is ok to mimic others as long as they are doing the correct thing. It is nice to see Aiden mimicking me or my husband. He will work on saying a sentence correctly when either myself or my husband help him to learn the new words or rearrange the words so what Aiden is trying to say will make sense to others than me or my husband. Aiden also uses "Information Processing Theory" a lot when he is playing with his toys. He is starting to solve problems in his head and if he gets stuck he will continue to try and get it figured out. I usually try to step in before he gets overly frustrated and completely gives up. I love watching him work on a problem and figure it out! I try to have Aiden around all different kinds of people. I want Aiden to learn other ways of life other than just what is in our home. I think it is important for him to be around his aunts and uncles and grandparents and our friends families and learn that there are multiple ways of living and that he should take in everything that he can and learn and observe as much as possible.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment