Sunday, September 14, 2008

My little guy isnt so little anymore....

Well Aiden is 19 months now. He is doing really well. We just had an assessment done with the preschool.
Aiden is now able to find his toy that I hide from him. Before he would get off track and would lose interest very fast. I am glad that he has become interested in this game and loves to play it now! He does very well when the toy is hidden for long periods of time and he remains focused on finding it. Its very fun the watch. Aiden also loves to go around the park and touch and see new things, he would rather do it on his own than with me right there. So I hang back and just observe which is just as interesting.
Aiden is doing better than he was at an earlier age in regards to his temperament. He isn't as sociable as I would like him to be. He does warm up to new people rather slow, once he feels comfortable with you then that's a different story. I would like him to adapt more quickly but hopefully that will come with more interactions in new situations. He is a very active little guy, loves to be on the go all the time! Aiden isn't very aggressive towards others unless they try to take away his toy or what hes doing, which is a little surprising since Aiden is usually very cooperative with things. He enjoys helping out when I need it. I would say that Aiden has been pretty level with his temperament lately. Hes really been improving!
I wasn't very surprised by what the assessment had to say. I know Aiden has issues with warming up to people and he sometimes has a difficult time adjusting to new situations but overall he does ok. I do need to work on introducing new situations and people for Aiden to hopefully warm up to faster. I want him to be able to feel comfortable when someone new holds him. I would also like to work on his imitation of words and actions more, mainly his words. I want Aiden to be able to start saying slightly longer sentences with more clarity in the word itself that he is trying to say.
Overall I am very impressed with my little guy and enjoy all the new things that he is learning and accomplishing!

1 comment:

Amy DeYoung said...

It's nice to see I'm not the only mom out there with a shy little one! My little Eden isn't really aggressive either, unless (big surprise) another child takes her toy away!